Island Precision is a commercial cabinets/woodworking plant in the Keating Cross Rd area specializing in custom millwork for hotels, hospitals, airports, schools and offices.
We are looking for full-time candidates to fill production roles in our cabinet plant. Some of the duties would include tailing machines, sanding, staining, assembly, hardware mounting and loading trucks.
• Able to follow directions and safety procedures
• Able to read and understand metric
• Must have good stamina, dexterity, strong back and able to lift 50lbs
• Dependable, conscientious and organized
• Can work under tight deadlines in a high paced, production environment
• Experience with cabinet components and assembly
• Experience with woodworking equipment (saws, edgebander, cnc, planer, jointer etc)
• Forklift License
• Class 5 Drivers License (airbrake endorsement would be a further bonus)
Island Precision thrives on challenging projects and we are always looking to add talented individuals to our team!
Wages are competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
If this position is of interest to you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Island Precision is seeking Installers and Install Assistants.
Our next upcoming Victoria project starts mid March (approximately 5 weeks of install, 2 people)
This job is laminate casework for the healthcare industry. The rooms and units are repetitive and we plan to do a mockup of which the installer would be involved.
We have further projects in Victoria after this - which may lead to a non-contract employment agreement.
This position reports to and is supported by a Project Manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience handling and installing commercial millwork
- High regard for safety procedures, cleanliness and site guidelines
- Able to work with and interpret metric drawings
- You look for continuous improvements and you always provide feedback
- Can work under tight deadlines in a construction site environment
- Have your own kit of basic installation tools (power tools and specialized tools supplied by IPM)
- Must be healthy, have good stamina, dexterity and a strong back
- Demonstrate a sensible balance of consistency, speed and attention to detail
- Dependable, conscientious and organized
Preference may be given to applicants who are trade qualified.
Details of wages will be negotiated in person and commensurate with your experience.
If any of these positions are of interest to you, please email your resume to email@example.com